Nowadays, applying for a credit card has become hassle-free. Everything happens online, and you must install the mobile application or visit the website, complete the formalities and get approval for the credit card.
To complete this process, you need to submit all the essential papers without fail. But what are these essential documents? Read on to learn more about all the details:
Essential Documents for Credit Card Application Online
Here are the papers you need to submit to complete the online credit card application process without fail.
Income Proof for Salaried Individuals: Latest payslips/ income tax return/ Form 16
Income Proof for Self-Employed Individuals: Authorised financial documents and proof of business continuity/ Income tax return/ balance sheet and profit and loss documents of the business
Identity Proof: Aadhaar card/ PAN card/ driving licence/ voter ID card/ passport
Address Proof: Aadhaar card/ electricity bill/ ration card/ passport/ voter ID/ telephone bill/ driving licence
Age Proof: Birth certificate/ 10th standard school certificate/ passport/ voter ID
Other Documents: Photocopy of PAN card and Form 60
Enrolment Proof for Student Credit Cards: Admission slip/ college ID card/ education certificate from the college or university
Identity Proof for Non-Indian Residents: Passport/ driving licence
Address Proof for Non-Resident Indians:
- A) For India – Passport/ original electricity bill/ original bank account statement/ voter ID/ rental agreement/ original telephone or post-paid mobile invoice/ title deeds of property/ lease deed
- B) For Abroad– Passport/ driving licence/ Govt. Issued ID card/ electricity bill/ abroad bank statement/ credit card statements/ rent receipt/ company appointment letter/ company ID card/ lease agreement
Documents for Salaried or Self-Employed Travellers: Passport/ travel ticket/ VISA/ PAN card/ Form A2
Documents for Student Travellers: Any one of the admission letter or appointment letter or university identity card/ Form A2/ passport/passport-sized photograph
The list of papers needed for a credit card is long, but if you apply for One Card, you can skip this hassle with minimal documentation and quick approval.
Things to Consider Before Providing Your Documents
Here are a few things that you need to remember before submitting the papers needed to submit a credit card application:
- You must provide the documents with the correct information to apply for a credit card online. Before submitting your documents, you should cross-check these.
- Always remember that required documents may vary from lender to lender and for salaried and self-employed. Check all the details and arrange the papers accordingly before applying.
- You will get quick approval for your credit card if you have a good credit score, stable income, and reputable employment status. Such a long list of documents may not be necessary if the above holds.
Do you want a seamless online credit card application process? If yes, then know your eligibility criteria and choose the best credit card suitable for you. Before applying for a credit card, research the different types of credit cards available and the documents required for each of them.