Both HTML and CSS play a very important role in the web development. By using these languages, you can easily build robust apps/websites. In other words, you must learn these two languages if you want to become a web developer. But what is the difference between these two web development languages? So, to find the answer to this question today we are going to learn about both HTML and CSS in detail.
Here is everything that you must know about Hypertext Markup Language and Cascading Style Sheets.
What Is HTML?
It is a robust markup language that enables its users to easily create amazing websites & web apps. The language enables developers to create the structure of a webpage using elements like tags and attributes. Furthermore, it enables developers to instruct browsers on how to present the content of a website. Thus, if you seek to develop amazing websites and web apps then you must learn Hypertext Markup Language. To learn about this fantastic markup language in more detail feel free to join our HTML5 and CSS3 Course in Delhi.
Following are some of the key features of Hypertext Markup Language:
- The markup language is very easy to learn and use. In other words, you don’t need to be a coding guru to learn the markup language.
- Hyper Text Markup Language supports all operating systems such as macOS, Linux, Windows, Android, etc.
- It enables developers to instruct browsers on how to present the content of the website to visitors.
- The markup language helps a firm in improving its SEO.
- The markup language comes with robust media running capabilities.
- You can use HTML5 for building simple games.
What Is CSS?
CSS3 aka Cascading Style Sheet is an easy-to-use design language. Using the language, you can easily make your web page more appealing. Moreover, it also helps developers in improving the readability of their code. Furthermore, you can also use the design language for making your website & web apps dynamic. For instance, you can use it for displaying popup messages on a web page. Additionally, you can also use the design language for changing the colour and size of your page elements. Thus, if you seek to develop dynamic websites & web apps you must learn this amazing design language
The following are the key features of Cascading Style Sheet:
- The design language is very easy to learn and use.
- It enables its users to easily make web pages of their site more appealing.
- By using the design language, you can easily make your web app dynamic. For instance, you can use it for taking real-time inputs from your site’s visitors. Additionally, you can also use the design language for changing the colour and size of your page elements.
- The use of CSS3 makes it very easy for developers to change the formatting of different elements of a web page. Furthermore, the design language also helps developers in saving time.
- Cascading Style Sheets are SEO friendly.
- The design language helps web developers improve the readability of their code.
HTML vs CSS
Following are the key differences between HTML and CSS:
- HTML5 is a markup language. On the other hand, Cascading Style Sheet is basically a design language.
- Hypertext Markup Language enables web developers to develop static websites & web apps. On the other hand, Cascading Style Sheets help developers develop dynamic websites & web apps.
- HTML5 helps developers in defining the structure of their web pages. On the other hand, Cascading Style Sheet helps developers in making web pages visually appealing and attractive.
- Hypertext Markup Language uses tags to define the structure of web pages. Whereas the latter use selectors for changing the formatting of elements of a web page.
- You cannot use Hypertext Markup Language in Cascading Style Sheet files. However, you can use Cascading Style Sheet files in a Hypertext Markup Language file.
- Hypertext Markup Language does not have further types. On the other hand, there are three types of CSS namely internal CSS, external CSS, and inline CSS.
- You cannot use Hypertext Markup Language for animations & transitions. However, you can use Cascading Style Sheets for animation & transitions.
- You can use HTML for building simple games. But you can use Cascading Style Sheet only for making websites and web apps dynamic. To learn how to build games with Hypertext Markup language feel free to join the HTML5 and CSS3 Training Institute in Gurgaon.
As you can see there are numerous differences between HTML5 and CSS3. For instance, Hypertext Markup language helps a developer in developing static websites. On the other hand, CSS3 helps developers in developing dynamic websites. Similarly, you cannot use HTML in a Cascading Style Sheet file. But you can use CSS in a Hypertext Markup Language file. So, don’t think there is no difference between both web development languages. There are various differences between both languages and both of them help developers in doing different tasks.